- Customers who bought this item also bought
- Dec. 27, 1831: Sets Sail With a Very Special Passenger
- Darwin, evolution, & natural selection (article) | Khan Academy
See how a store is chosen for you. Loading, please wait Free 2-Day Shipping. Shipping Not available.
Customers who bought this item also bought
This item isn't sold in stores. Help us improve this page.
- Poems from the Heart and Pen of the Magican?
- The Mind of the Guru?
- Magic Kingdom - Foreclosed / A Spoof Based on Terry Brooks Magic Kingdom for Sale From the Author of the Frontmire Histories?
- The Whole Truth: Will Shads Continuing Conversations With God?
- Marketing- und Vertriebspower durch Sponsoring: Sponsoringbudgets strategisch managen und refinanzieren (German Edition)?
- Rock War: Book 1 (Rock War Series)?
About this item. Specifications Number of Pages: Description Enjoy the best-selling memoir of Charles Darwin's journey of discovery aboard the HMS Beagle --now fully illustrated for the first time. Report incorrect product info.
Dec. 27, 1831: Sets Sail With a Very Special Passenger
Mass Market Paperback. A General Introduction to Psychoanalysis. About the Author Charles Robert Darwin was an English naturalist and geologist, best known for his contributions to evolutionary theory. No customer reviews. Share your thoughts with other customers. Write a customer review. Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.
October 30, - Published on Amazon. Verified Purchase. As a life-long professional wildlife biologist, I found ' The Voyage of the Beagle' to be a fascinating read. Also, I especially enjoyed the book because many years ago I acquired a very nice original oil painting of the Beagle plying its way through the Straight of Magellan, a work which has given me much pleasure over the years. December 29, - Published on Amazon.
I must admit that I was quite surprised that I enjoyed this book as much as I did. Having no preconceived notions, I choose this book as part of a reading challenge and was very impressed with Darwin's descriptions of his travels and also his disdain of slavery and the mistreatment of slaves in the countries he visited. Excellent observations not just of flora and fauna but of man's influence on nature.
February 22, - Published on Amazon.
A classic adventure story that led to one of the most important scientific discoveries of all time. Our understand of life and biology has completely changed and continues to change as a result of this adventure and Darwin'sbrilliance. A must read.
Darwin, evolution, & natural selection (article) | Khan Academy
The illustrations supplement the text bringing it alive. December 4, - Published on Amazon.
- Dropping the Baby and Other Scary Thoughts: Breaking the Cycle of Unwanted Thoughts in Motherhood?
- Diary of a South Beach Party Girl?
- Leadership: The West Point Lecture?
- The Voyage of the Beagle.
Remember this says "Journal" and that is what it is. It is his first parson adventures on and off the Beagle. He even includes stories about the people on the ship, the ship's life, and maintenance. He is always going ashore and venturing beyond the ship charter to go where no Englishman has gone before. He makes friends with tyrants and the down trodden. Once, to get an animal to come to him, he lay on his back and waved his arms and legs in the air. Whatever you do, do not turn your back on him. He is always knocking something on the head and taking it back for study. It is fun trying to match the old names for places with the new.
February 7, - Published on Amazon. Outstanding historical record.